Microsoft Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
Course 20533B:Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
Length: 5 Days
Published: January 30, 2015
Audience(s): IT Professionals
Technology: Microsoft Azure
This course is aimed at experienced IT Professionals who currently administer their on-premises infrastructure. The course introduces the students to Microsoft Azure and then teaches them how to manage their infrastructure in Azure rather than on-premises
.Delivery Method: Instructor-led (classroom)
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
- IT professional who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate a Microsoft server infrastructure.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, who meet the course prerequisites, and are looking to cross-train on Microsoft Azure.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
- This course can also be used by Engineers who have used DevOps approaches to optimize the management and lifecycle of the software in their organization.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Azure architecture components including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and to connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Implement, manage, backup and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy and configure websites.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Publish content through CDNs and publish videos by using Media Services.
- Create and manage Azure AD directories, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using PowerShell
Module 1: Introduction to AzureThis module provides the students a high level introduction to Azure.Lessons
- Cloud Technology Overview
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Portals
- Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
- Using Azure Portals
- Using Azure PowerShell
- Cloud technology.
- Microsoft Azure.
- The Azure Portals.
- Managing Azure using Windows PowerShell.
- Planning Virtual Networks
- Implementing and Managing Virtual Networks
- Configuring Connections to Virtual Networks
- Creating the Virtual Network
- Connecting the Virtual Networks
- Validating Virtual Network Connectivity
- Optional: Configuring a Point-to-Site VPN
- Plan virtual networks in Microsoft Azure.
- Implement and manage virtual networks.
- Configure inter-site connectivity with Microsoft Azure virtual networks.
- Introduction to IaaS Cloud Services
- Planning Virtual Machine Workloads
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Deploying Windows Virtual Machines
- Deploying Linux Virtual Machines
- How to configure and manage Microsoft Azure IaaS cloud services and endpoints.
- How to identify suitable workloads for Microsoft Azure IaaS virtual machines.
- How to create Windows and Linux virtual machines in Microsoft Azure by using the portal and Microsoft Azure PowerShell.
- Configuring Virtual Machines
- Managing and Configuring Virtual Machine Disks
- Managing and Monitoring Virtual Machines
- Exploring Availability
- Configuring Virtual Machine Storage
- Using the Cross Platform Command-Line Interface
- Describe the implementation of public and private IP addressing in Azure virtual machines.
- Configure IP addresses for Azure virtual machines.
- Explain the options for configuring VMs for availability.
- Explain the options for configuring VMs for scalability.
- Outline the options for configuring virtual machine security.
- Planning for Website Deployment
- Deploying Websites
- Configuring Websites
- Monitoring Websites
- Traffic Manager
- Creating Websites
- Deploying a Website
- Managing Websites
- Choose a hosting plan and deployment method for a website in Azure.
- Use Visual Studio, FTP clients, and PowerShell to deploy a website to Azure.
- Configure websites and use WebJobs to schedule tasks.
- Monitor the performance of a website.
- Use Traffic Manager to distribute requests between two or more Azure websites.
- Planning Storage
- Implementing and Managing Storage
- Backup and Monitoring Storage
- Creating and Configuring Storage
- Using Azure File Storage
- Protecting Data with Azure Backup
- Plan Azure storage.
- Implement and manage Azure storage.
- Back up and monitor Azure storage.
- Data Services in Microsoft Azure
- Implementing Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database Security
- Monitoring Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database Business Continuity
- Creating, Securing and Monitoring an Azure SQL Database
- Migrating a SQL Server Database to an Azure SQL Database
- Restoring a Database
- Identify data services in Microsoft Azure.
- Provision, configure, and manage Azure SQL Database.
- Configure security for Azure SQL Database.
- Monitor Azure SQL Database.
- Manage data recovery and availability for Azure SQL Database.
- Planning and Deploying PaaS Cloud Services
- Configuring Cloud Services
- Implementing Mobile Services
- Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Deploying a PaaS Cloud Service
- Configuring Deployment Slots and Remote Desktop Protocol
- Monitoring Cloud Services
- Plan and deploy a PaaS cloud service in Azure.
- Configure PaaS cloud services by using configuration files or the Azure portal.
- Create and administer a mobile service that supports an app for mobile devices.
- Monitor the performance of cloud services and mobile services and diagnose bottlenecks
- Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
- Publishing Content with Azure Media Services
- Configuring a Content Delivery Network
- Adding Content to the Source Service
- Creating a Media Services Account and Uploading Content
- Publishing and Scaling Media
- Implement an Azure content delivery network.
- Publish content with Azure Media Services.
- Creating and Managing Azure Directories
- Configuring Application Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
- Administering Active Directory
- Configuring Single Sign-On
- Configuring Multi-Factor Authentication
- Create and manage Azure AD directories.
- Configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Describe the features of Azure AD Premium.
- Extending On-Premises Active Directory into Azure
- Directory Synchronization
- Implementing Federation
- Configuring Directory Synchronization
- Synchronizing Directories
- Extend the on-premises Active Directory domain into Microsoft Azure
- Synchronize user accounts between on-premises Active Directory and Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Set up single sign-on using federation between on-premises Active Directory and Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Overview of Automation Components
- Implementing PowerShell Workflows
- Managing Automation
- Configuring Automation Accounts
- Creating Runbooks
- Describe the automation components in Microsoft Azure.
- Configure PowerShell workflows and convert scripts to workflows.
- Manage automation through creating and publishing of runbooks and scheduling jobs.
- Tailspin Toys Business Systems Scenario
- Software as a Service Scenario
- Plan a migration project and architect an Azure solution that addresses a typical medium-sized manufacturing company’s business needs using cloud technologies.
- Plan a new software as a service (SaaS) offering, built from components of Microsoft Azure.
This course requires that student meet the following prerequisites, including that they have:
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration including: TCP/IP, DNS, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites including: create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Forests, Domain Controllers, replication, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Understanding of database concepts including: Tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery including: backup and restore operations.
- Completing the MCSA certification in Windows Server 2012.
- Completing the 10979 Azure Essentials course.
Call us now for further information Tel:08001601666
Access training london delivering all your training needs
We offer a state of the art training venue in the heart of London, with a variety of dedicated training and conference rooms. We can also provide training at client sites.
At our training venue, every student is provided a 23” Touch screen monitor. All rooms have ceiling mounted projectors and facilitators’ computers. We also have a dedicated Apple training room.
For onsite courses in the London Postcode area, we can supply up to ten laptops to support training courses if required .
On completion of our courses students will be given unlimited access to our online materials.